tagged by silk_noir
1. Make a list of 5 things that you can see without getting up:
--A pile of papers that is so much smaller than it used to be but which still covers most of the desk.
--Small herds of dog hair grazing languidly across the vast wasteland of the hardwood floor.
--A wall of books that inexplicably continues to grow in spite of the fact that I stopped buying books several years ago.
--The backyard, still covered with snow except for a few places where the grass has finally started to peek through.
--The records in my collection that don’t fit in the living room.
2. How do you style your hair?
First I wash, rinse and repeat. Then I add a healthy amount of conditioner that I leave in for a few minutes so it has a chance to soak in all the way to the roots and then rinse that out as well. Once I’m out of the shower, I carefully squeeze out as much water as I can and then use a hair dryer set to low to finish drying it. When it’s all dry, I add a little styling gel to give it that mussed and tussled look. When I'm done, I admire my work proudly in the mirror and remember I haven’t had any hair for the past seven years.
3. What are you wearing now?
Nothing but your imagination.
4. What's your occupation?
Professional gadfly and ne’er-do-well.
5. What do you hear right now?
The sound of silence, which is never all that silent because of my tinnitus.
6. Who was the last person you hugged?
Haddayr, this morning, because the radio was playing Aaron Copeland’s “Fanfare for the Common Man.”
7. What is/was for dinner?
Beef, of course. It’s what’s for dinner.
8. What did you do today?
Less than I should.
9. Dog person or cat person?
Most definitely a cat person. I try to like dogs – I really do – but I kind of find them annoying.
10. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
11. What was the last thing that you bought?
12. If you could afford to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
The Scottish Highlands. It's one of the most amazing places I've ever been. Honestly, it felt like home.
13. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Sitting in this exact same spot wondering where the last five years went.
14. Where's your birthmark?
Oh, wouldn’t you like to know.
15. What are you doing this weekend?
I think you mean who
am I doing this weekend.
16. If you could play any musical instrument, which one would you play?
Honestly, I’d love to play the piano but I’ve failed miserably each time I’ve tried. Well, maybe not miserably, but I’ve failed nonetheless.
17. What's one thing you wish you could tell someone right now?
Pick the red one. On the left. No, you idiot. Your other
18. What is/was your favorite thing about today?
The swizzle sticks. Definitely the swizzle sticks.